jewelry care & metal info
General jewelry care:
• a good rule of thumb with all jewelry is last thing on, first thing off
• never wear while sleeping, bathing, swimming, sports, etc.
• don't expose it to any chemicals, lotions, perfumes, hairspray soaps, salt water, chlorine, etc.
• if it gets wet, dry it completely
• when not being worn, jewelry should be stored in a clean, dry place out of direct sunlight
• The metal used in my jewelry is not treated for tarnish resistance
• For some people brass/copper can leave a green or grayish tint on the skin, this isn't harmful and is easily washed off with soap & water
• Copper & brass will naturally oxidize/tarnish over time. If this isn't the look for you, it can be easily polished with a number of products. You can even try a bit of ketchup
• Sterling silver will also naturally oxidize/tarnish, due to the copper in it reacting to moisture, acids, oil & air
• A lot of my sterling designs are already given a tarnished patina, using certain cleaners will adversely effect the finish & are not recommended. A soft damp cloth should do the trick, a dab of liquid soap may be helpful. Dry completely